1. Entire Agreement: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Sweet Charlotte Cakes and The Wedding Client or any other client. (Bride, Groom and Civil Partners). It replaces all prior agreements between the Parties. The only way to amend this agreement is to do so in writing, providing the document is signed and received within 3 months of the event date.
2. Pre-Event Consultation: For iced wedding cakes, the parties agree to a preliminary consultation, either in person, by telephone or by e-mail before the event date in order to ascertain and confirm the design details and the prices to be charged. The consultation must take place at least 60 days before the event. The consultation is available for The Wedding Client (two adults) only. A reminder will be sent out to you prior to the appointment, with details of address, timings and parking. If a consultation appointment needs to be cancelled by The Wedding Client, 48 hours notice is needed and a reschedule can then be organised for another convenient date. Shorter notice than 48 hours may incur a fee of £25.00. Naked cake and semi-naked cake prices do not include a consultation. £25.00 can be paid for an appointment and can be arranged upon request.
3. Wedding Cake Quote: The Wedding Client will receive a quote for all items discussed. The quote shows costs pertaining to the cake but excluding delivery unless the exact distance is known at the time of the quote. Each design is individually calculated to provide the most accurate quote based on the cake content and the skilled time element involved in making each design.
4a. Booking Fee (wedding cakes): A Booking Fee of £50.00 is to be paid to secure the wedding date. The Booking Fee is applied towards the contracted wedding cake and is deducted from the final invoice. No dates can be held, or bookings confirmed without payment of deposit. Payments can be made by BACS, PayPal or cash. A 2.9% fee will be added to any payments made through PayPal.
4b. Booking Fee (all other cakes): A non-refundable booking fee of 50% is to be paid to secure the order. The remaining balance is to be paid no later than 2 weeks prior to collection or delivery of the cake. If a booking has been made less than two weeks before the event date, the full payment is required upon booking. Failure to pay the full amount, by two weeks before the event will result in cancellation of booking and loss of initial deposit payment.
5. Reservation: Upon receipt of the Booking Fee, Sweet Charlotte Cakes will reserve the wedding or celebration date. The Booking Fee is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding or event cancelled for any reason, including fire, strike and/or extreme weather.
6. Hiring of Additional Items: If additional items are being hired from Sweet Charlotte Cakes such as stands, bases and separators, a hire form will need to be filled out and a security deposit submitted. Deposits are payable by BACS at the same time as the final wedding cake payment is due. The deposit will be taken to replace any damaged or loss of stock and The Wedding Client will be invoiced directly for any additional costs, for payment to Sweet Charlotte Cakes. Payment will be required within 10 days. If there are no breakages, loss or theft of products hired the deposit amount will be refunded via BACS within 5 days of receiving the undamaged hired items.
7. Transport Boxes: Wedding Cake Transport Boxes cost £15.00 and are specially made to contain the height and weight of the wedding cakes and are required, without exception, for all wedding cake orders being collected by The Wedding Client and not being delivered by Sweet Charlotte Cakes.
8. Balance of Payment: The Balance of Payment is due 4 weeks prior to the wedding date. It is The Wedding Client’s responsibility to provide the final payment within the agreed time. A reminder will not be sent. Late payment fees will be applied and if the final balance has not been paid within the agreed time limit the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled.
9. Delivery: Sweet Charlotte Cakes will provide delivery of all ordered items. Sweet Charlotte Cakes are not responsible for incorrect delivery times or locations provided by The Wedding Client. Delivery charges vary according to mileage and distance of the delivery location.
10. Set-up Time: Sweet Charlotte Cakes require at least one hour set-up for all ordered items. This ensures that there is an appropriate amount of time to arrange the cake before guests arrive.
11. Delivery Confirmation: In the event that The Wedding Client will not be available during the delivery they will be responsible for having a designated person meet the Cake Designer at the reception. This person will be required to sign a confirmation that the cake has been received in good order. This is to ensure that all items delivered are accounted for.
12. Completion Schedule: All ordered items will be delivered at the date and time agreed upon between The Wedding Client and Sweet Charlotte Cakes. Sweet Charlotte Cakes cannot be held responsible for any changes that are not made known to them.
13. Returning Additional Items: All additional items hired from Sweet Charlotte Cakes are to be returned within FIVE days of the wedding date. If The Wedding Client is unable to return the item(s) within this time scale a designated person must do so on their behalf.
14. Method of Payment: Payment may be made by cash in person, BACS or PayPal. A 2.9% fee will be added to all payment made through PayPal. Sweet Charlotte Cakes will not provide any services until your payment has cleared. BACS / PayPal payment details will be given on all invoices to the client from Sweet Charlotte Cakes.
15. Penalty, Fees and Charges: There is a £5.00 per day late payment fee for any hired items that are not returned to Sweet Charlotte Cakes by the agreed date.
16a. Cancellation (Weddings): Sweet Charlotte Cakes offers a bespoke service and is therefore limited in how many bookings are taken for any given week. If The Wedding Client cancels the order within 3 months of the wedding date it is unlikely that the cancelled space will be filled and therefore the following cancellation charges will apply. Cancellations MUST be in writing.
1 month or less - 100% of Full Cake Cost 1 month to 3 months - 50% of Full Cake Cost 3 months or more – Loss of booking fee
16b. Cancellation (all other cakes): Sweet Charlotte Cakes offers a bespoke service and is limited to the amount of celebration cakes that can be made any given week. Cancellation of celebration cakes can be made up to two weeks prior to the event, however the 50% deposit will not be refunded. Any cancellations made after the final and full cost has been made to Sweet Charlotte Cakes will not be refunded.
17. Limit of Liability: In the very unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative Cake Designer. Sweet Charlotte Cakes will make every effort to secure a replacement cake designer able and / or willing to provide similar products and services as chosen in this contract at the same / similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event.
18. Miscellaneous: Sweet Charlotte Cakes will take the utmost care with respect to design, transportation and delivery of your cake. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated in this contract. Sweet Charlotte Cakes is only held liable for the items and services listed in this contract. Sweet Charlotte Cakes cannot be held liable for emotional, physical or financial distress due to any unforeseen circumstances that may present themselves. Items outside of this contract are the responsibility and liability of The Wedding Client.
19. Non-Guarantee: Although every possible care will be taken with the delivery and set up of the wedding cake, once delivered the cake becomes the responsibility of The Wedding Client. Sweet Charlotte Cakes cannot be held responsible for any damage to said cake or products once they are in the care of The Wedding Client.
20. Performance: The performance of this contract on behalf of Sweet Charlotte Cakes shall be dependent upon acts of God, weather and/or road conditions, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers, and / or conditions beyond its control.
21. Refunds: Refunds are given only in exceptional circumstances as deemed appropriate by Sweet Charlotte Cakes.
22. Allergies: Sweet Charlotte Cakes shall not be held responsible for nut allergies for The Client, or their parties. All cakes COULD contain traces of nut. It is the responsibility of The Client to inform their guests that traces of nut COULD be present in the cake.
23. Use of Fresh Flowers: Whilst the use of fresh flowers and foliage on cakes is common. Sweet Charlotte Cakes cannot accept responsibility for suitability of such flowers provided by the bridal florist. Whilst all care is taken to attach fresh flowers in a suitable manner, Sweet Charlotte Cakes cannot guarantee that parts of flowers/foliage will not end up touching the edible parts of the cake itself. Please check with your bridal florist that the flowers you require for your cake are suitable to be in contact with food.
24. Use of Cake Toppers: Sweet Charlotte Cakes cannot be held responsible for the use of cake toppers. It is recommended that you check the dimensions with Sweet Charlotte Cakes before purchasing a cake topper. Sweet Charlotte Cakes cannot be held responsible for the use of non food-safe materials in any cake topper provided by The Wedding Client. Please advise Sweet Charlotte Cakes of any cake topper you intend to use on your cake at least 6 weeks before the wedding date.
25. By paying Sweet Charlotte Cakes a deposit of any amount, The Client is agreeing to the above terms and conditions.